One time my friend Peter, who used to be named Simon, told our friend Jesus that his mother-in-law had a fever . When Jesus arrived, he simply took Peter's mother-in-law by the hand and the fever left her instantly!
Jesus was a private man of prayer. There were times when He'd just wander off somewhere to be alone. He talked to His Father during those times, and He was given direction from Him. Jesus knew exactly what His purpose was on the earth, and it caused Him to systematically travel into certain villages in order to teach the people and show them miraculous things. He was extremely focused during his journeys and would not allow anyone to disrupt His times of quiet contemplation.
One thing I saw about Jesus, which really touched me, was the compassion He showed the droves of folks following Him. Even though He was a male, I saw very tender emotions come from him; He really felt for people. Like the time the man with leprosy came right to Him and Jesus made him whole again. I was shocked that He would even touch such a person, since our law clearly forbids it. There was no fear that I could see as Jesus reached out and touched the leper. That raggedy old man actually spoke and asked Jesus to make him clean. He said "If you are willing, I know You can make me clean" To my utter amazement, Jesus replied with "I am. Be made clean!" Even more astonishing was when that unclean man's dead, putrified skin actually began bubbling up and sloughing off, displaying fresh, new, whole skin underneath.
This owas only one of the few ponderings of mind. Jesus would blow our minds even more as time continued
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment